Error CE44D6

This forum is for the open, public discussion of the Crash Data Retrieval Tool or Event Data Recorder technology. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site and not intended for direct CDR Tool User technical or analytical support.
emvanderpol
First Name: Patricia
Last Name: Swillens

Error CE44D6

Post by emvanderpol »

Today I had to do an imaging of a 2014 GMC Terrain, which is a supported vehicle. It should be a easy one, since it was a DLC. I had everything right, module, cables, ignition key, etc... Did the test, everything was working, but after pass 2, I got the error message:

This vehicle module is not supported.
Software ID not recognized.
ID: CE44D6

I looked into ARserchengine.com and crashforum.info and this error ID didn't come up anywhere. Just to make sure our CDR module was working I did a test download in another vehicle and didn't get any error, got the CDR report.

Can anybody help me figure it out? I'm new to CDR imaging.

DPatrickRyan
First Name: Patrick
Last Name: Ryan

Re: Error CE44D6

Post by DPatrickRyan »

I've seen this referred to in one other case, involving a 2016 GMC Yukon. Call Bosch tech support and pass it along - it's probably one of a batch of overlooked/broken SWID's. Also, what version of the software are you running? They just released 17.1, so it might now be fixed.
D. Patrick Ryan, P.Eng. - Graham Ryan Consulting Ltd.
#34, 11410 - 27 Street SE Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6
Phone: (403) 290-1150 Fax: 290-0659 Cell: 651-8340

emvanderpol
First Name: Patricia
Last Name: Swillens

Re: Error CE44D6

Post by emvanderpol »

We are using the version 17.1. I called Bosh and they quickly told me what it was. The 2014 GMC Terrain was not supported because it was made in Mexico! The VIN number started with a "3" and the market for this vehicle is "4"! So, that specific GMC Terrain is not supported.