2012 Chrysler 200

This forum is for the open, public discussion of the Crash Data Retrieval Tool or Event Data Recorder technology. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site and not intended for direct CDR Tool User technical or analytical support.
AlbertaRecons
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Archer

2012 Chrysler 200

Post by AlbertaRecons »

I have a 2012 Chrysler 200 involved in an in-line collision. This vehicle struck a pick-up from behind. All airbags deployed.
When attempting to image the data, direct to module, I get error message that the is no communication with module.
The sequence I have is: interface module - 387 adapter - ACK adapter - 516 cable - module with power plugged into the 387 adapter. Everything lights up as expected. I have also tried without the ACK adapter. Same "no communication" error.
Any suggestions?

sd3225
First Name: Doug
Last Name: English

Re: 2012 Chrysler 200

Post by sd3225 »

Are you using the 110v power supply or a 12v source ?

PurdueDoc
First Name: Dirk
Last Name: Smith

Post by PurdueDoc »

The ACK adapter (not sure what that is) is not required for this module.
What is the exact message you are getting?

sd3225
First Name: Doug
Last Name: English

Post by sd3225 »

The ACK adapter #8790 is required, and is only used when going D2M, according to the help file. and it sounds like you have it connected correctly. Try the 110v source and make sure its using the supplied Bosch cables/power supply etc... and I know it sounds elementary... but did you verify the MY as 2012 ?

jbcrawford1
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Crawford

Post by jbcrawford1 »

You might try hooking everything up and just waiting 5 minutes with everything powered up before trying to hit the download button. Sometimes this works...just my experience; I don't know why.

Jim Crawford
James B. Crawford
Captain, USCG (Ret.)
ACTAR #1030

AlbertaRecons
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Archer

Post by AlbertaRecons »

Have tried all suggestions posted. I am using Bosch power cables plugged into wall in the office, let unit sit powered up... Thanks for suggestions but still unsuccessful.

KentBoots
First Name: Kent
Last Name: Boots

Post by KentBoots »

Mr. Archer,

My first "guess" would be that you could have a bad grey ACM adapter. I would suggest trying someone else's equipment, and assuming it works then piece-by-piece eliminate components until you have identified the bad part.

I have seen people have problems with the grey ACM adapter.
Kent E. Boots
Kent E. Boots & Assoc.
www.getEDRdata.com