2010 Ford Edge

This forum is for the open, public discussion of the Crash Data Retrieval Tool or Event Data Recorder technology. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site and not intended for direct CDR Tool User technical or analytical support.
AlbertaRecons
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Archer

2010 Ford Edge

Post by AlbertaRecons »

Have an off-set head on collision, left corner to left corner, collision. The 2010 Ford Edge airbags deployed; driver front, left curtain and lumbar. CDR data report shows no event. PCM data shows no RDS signal sent either but does provide usable data.
Is this a known issue with this module? Power loss may have occurred but usually get something recorded advising of event.
Bob Archer
Attachments
2FMDK4KC6ABA54439_ACM.CDRx
Direct to module
(8.72 KiB) Downloaded 882 times

DPatrickRyan
First Name: Patrick
Last Name: Ryan

Re: 2010 Ford Edge

Post by DPatrickRyan »

I think the battery for this vehicle is located inside the left fender / wheel well. My guess is, it got taken out early in the event, resulting in a catastrophic power loss. Reserve energy was sufficient to command the deployment of various pyros, but not to record anything. As a result, no RDS was sent. This power loss is also the only reason you have useable PCM data: if the PCM had remained powered in the absence of an RDS, it would have filled the circular buffer and overwritten the pre-crash data with post-crash data, i.e. a whole bunch of zeroes. In short, it's all consistent with an early power loss, so take your PCM data and be happy! (And remember: if we're working on this one, particularly if we're opposite you, you can't quote anything I say here! :D )
D. Patrick Ryan, P.Eng. - Graham Ryan Consulting Ltd.
#34, 11410 - 27 Street SE Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6
Phone: (403) 290-1150 Fax: 290-0659 Cell: 651-8340