2018 Chevy spark

This forum is for the open, public discussion of the Crash Data Retrieval Tool or Event Data Recorder technology. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site and not intended for direct CDR Tool User technical or analytical support.
Big D
First Name: David
Last Name: Dunn

2018 Chevy spark

Post by Big D »

Trying to repower a 2018 Chevy spark does anyone know which fuse user the dash you would use? Thank you!

KentBoots
First Name: Kent
Last Name: Boots

Re: 2018 Chevy spark

Post by KentBoots »

I realize this is a really old post, but I'm going through and trying to provide information on unanswered posts where I can in case someone is searching for a related situation.

The 2018 Chevy Spark is listed as a "note 6" vehicle in the Bosch CDR Help File which means you can leave the ignition off to collect data.

The owner's manual for this vehicle lists two fuses
  • Fuse #12: Air Bag Power
  • Fuse #29 Air Bag Ignition
You want fuse #12 the one that does not say ignition. Sometimes the fuse you need is labeled battery. The fuse labeled "ignition" is the one that only provides power to the ACM when the key is on. The fuse labeled "power" provides power to the ACM all the time. Since this is a "note 6" vehicle and you do not need to turn the key on to collect data then the fuse you are after is the one that provides power all the time regardless of whether the key is on or not.

For the most part all "note 6" GM vehicles are going to be similar as far as which fuse you need.
Attachments
Owner's manual.jpg
Kent E. Boots
Kent E. Boots & Assoc.
www.getEDRdata.com