2014 Honda Crv

This forum is for the open, public discussion of the Crash Data Retrieval Tool or Event Data Recorder technology. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site and not intended for direct CDR Tool User technical or analytical support.
Riker0007
First Name: Riker
Last Name: Brown

2014 Honda Crv

Post by Riker0007 »

Is there any way the EDR could somehow reset and show no event recorded? Over writing a non-deployment event that was recorded from an accident over three years prior?
Battery replacement etc???
Curious because I was hit and three years later dealing with insurance and they are telling me no event was recorded (less than 5mph) when the damage states otherwise and how hard I was hit and by what type of car.
I just find it odd that they where able to locate the car over 3 years later and it shows no events.
Thanks

KentBoots
First Name: Kent
Last Name: Boots

Re: 2014 Honda Crv

Post by KentBoots »

Mr. Brown,

Let me preface this by saying that normally I do not answer questions in the public forum because I do not want to discuss specifics of a case publicly. However this is a pretty straight forward question and answer.

The answer to your question, "Is there any way the EDR could somehow reset and show no event recorded?" is no.

Vehicles manufactured after Sept. 1st, 2012 (2013 model year) cannot "clear" events. Events can be overwritten by other subsequent events, but not cleared.
Kent E. Boots
Kent E. Boots & Assoc.
www.getEDRdata.com