got smashed in my 2012 volvo s60

This forum is for the open and public discussion of Accident Reconstruction topics. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site.
bcanary
First Name: Ben
Last Name: Canary

got smashed in my 2012 volvo s60

Post by bcanary »

Hello all,

was involved in a 4-car pileup; the [uninsured] girl in front of me is apparently claiming that I hit her twice during the collision... once by my own volition, and a second time when the guy behind me smashed into me. Reality is that I was at a complete stop when I was hit from behind, and hit the girl in front of me as a result.

Thankfully, nobody was seriously injured (my face was cut and I got a concussion and had to get a CT scan, but I'm OK)

Are there data forensics that can be pulled out of my car to prove this? Can I prove that I was first hit in the rear bumper, and later collided with the front bumper? The insurers of the guy who hit me are now trying to claim that they are liable for the rear, but not the front, damage to my car.

I have full coverage, so it's not like I'm going to lose my ass over this, but the truth is that I was hit from behind before I hit the girl in front of me. This accident messed up my holiday plans very badly, and has been a huge inconvenience, and it really pisses me off that anybody would accuse me of being at fault, because I wasn't.

I was driving a 2012 Volvo s60 T5. Somebody PLEASE tell me that the computer on that vehicle records data that would allow me to prove the order of events during this accident. If so, how do I pull it out? Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

actar670
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: McNally

Re: got smashed in my 2012 volvo s60

Post by actar670 »

Ben,

The 2012 Volvo S60 is supported by the Bosch CDR Tool. If there is any data on the airbag control module, it can be retrieved by the CDR Tool. I suggest you look for a qualified crash reconstructionist who has a CDR Tool Kit in your area to retrieve the data for you.
Bruce McNally
McNally & Associates ARS, LLC
41 Champlin Ridge Road
Rochester, NH 03867
Office (603) 516-4560
Web http://mcnallyassociates.com

seanhaight
Site Admin
First Name: Sean
Last Name: Haight

Re: got smashed in my 2012 volvo s60

Post by seanhaight »

actar670 wrote:I suggest you look for a qualified crash reconstructionist who has a CDR Tool Kit in your area to retrieve the data for you.
It might help to do a search on the Accident Reconstruction Network. They have a search for experts here: http://www.accidentreconstruction.com/expertsearch.asp

You can search by "Specialty" (ie. CDR) and there should be someone in your area. Good Luck.
Sean Haight, PhD

CrashForum.info
Site Administrator
Engineer, ACTAR #2769
Editor, Collision Publishing