Deformation of metal barrier

This forum is for the open and public discussion of Accident Reconstruction topics. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site.
pepewa
First Name: jose
Last Name: real

Deformation of metal barrier

Post by pepewa »

I attached a report on deformation of metal barriers and over-protective of posts, I hope Sriva help, although I wonder if there are other studies in order to know how fast is a stretch of barrier rail deformation of 4.00 meters, although it depends clear impact angle.

A greeting
Attachments
valla bionda calculo.pdf
(4.39 MiB) Downloaded 941 times

pepewa
First Name: jose
Last Name: real

Re: Deformation of metal barrier

Post by pepewa »

The same day will see if I meet a question, the question is that in Spain exsite a Center specializing in accidents is called Centro Zaragoza, and for calculations of speed, calculated by comparing images EBS (is not measure damage damaged vehicles), the extracted images of DR.Meleigh base http://ees.vcrash3.com/index.php?lang=8.

That speed the run into the formula, and point, the question is the energy that deforms a safety barrier by an EBS XXX vehicle is the same?, Ie if unusual vehicle deformation EBS 50 KM / H, and deforms a safety barrier of 20 meters means that the barrier resists a speed of 50 KM / H, and therefore you add the two energies? I mean if it would double.

A greeting