Roll Over

This forum is for the open and public discussion of Accident Reconstruction topics. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site.
guaro5555
First Name: jose
Last Name: Espinal

Roll Over

Post by guaro5555 »

Hi gurus

I by no mean know anything about speed/impact, so coming to you for light.

Is it possible to roll over a car once if you go 50 mph and no breaks were applied , V1 Jeep grand Cherokee, V2 Jeep Liberty (this car rolled over )when hit.

Thanks a bunch gurus

Rusty Haight
First Name: W. R. Rusty
Last Name: Haight

Re: Roll Over

Post by Rusty Haight »

Jose:
I take your question to be that a Liberty and a Grand Cherokee collide and the Liberty rolled. For starters, rollovers are very complex events and rarely caused by "one thing." Rollovers as a function of a collision are tough because not only do you have the individual and relative speed(s) of the vehicle(s) to consider but their alignment at impact, what part of which vehicle is hit and the potential for something on the ground to influence the rollover....potentially among other things/considerations.

Unfortunately, your question leaves us little to work on. but I would say, yes, if you have two vehicles like that collide, sure, all things considered, one could rollover. But the same could be said for a similar collision with a passenger car, pickup or other SUV, again, given the totality of the facts we'd might have to work with.
- Rusty Haight
Collision Safety Institute