2021 Ford F150 - Download failed with F00K108784

This forum is for the open, public discussion of the Crash Data Retrieval Tool or Event Data Recorder technology. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site and not intended for direct CDR Tool User technical or analytical support.
rferreira
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Ferreira

2021 Ford F150 - Download failed with F00K108784

Post by rferreira »

One of my coworkers attempted an image of a 2021 Ford F-150 today.

He installed the F00K108784 adapter like instructed by the Bosch help file, input the VIN manually and attempted to image the ACM through the DLC port.

This resulted in a "Cannot read data" message.

I instructed him to confirm communication by removing the adapter and reading the VIN. The VIN number populated like normal.

He then went and tried to image data without the adapter, and received a report with no events.

I instructed him to try once more with the adapter, and he again received the cannot read data error.

Any ideas on whether the retrieved report without the adapter is trustworthy?

Any ideas on why the imaging was unsuccessful with the adapter installed?

Thanks for your help,

Robert
Capture.JPG

YJPRECON
First Name: James
Last Name: Stewart

Re: 2021 Ford F150 - Download failed with F00K108784

Post by YJPRECON »

Robert,

I can speak to the "why" of what you encountered, but I can confirm I experienced the same thing with a '21 F-150 late last month. My build date was 12/21, in case it's relevant.

The error I noted while attempting to use the adapter as instructed was "unable to connect to module".

The vehicle in my case experienced multiple deployments, and I did retrieve a locked frontal event once I eliminated the DLC adapter, with no apparent data integrity issues.

James

rferreira
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Ferreira

Re: 2021 Ford F150 - Download failed with F00K108784

Post by rferreira »

Thanks for your reply James, I just had another one today with the same exact issue. I’ll try reaching out to Bosch next.

Rob