Drone or UA

This forum is for the open and public discussion of Accident Reconstruction topics. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site.
tony_bar
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Barbour

Drone or UA

Post by tony_bar »

Looking to start using a drone for recon. Does anyone have a system in place now and or any recommendations for drone and software? Thanks -Tony

jtbalt
First Name: John
Last Name: Thibault

Re: Drone or UA

Post by jtbalt »

The Lake County, Illinois Major Crash Assistance Team has been using a drone for scene mapping for several years now. Their consultants have been instrumental in the development of this program and instruct the topic and Northwestern Center for Public Safety. Reach out to Stan Taylor or Iain Lopata at their website. https://www.aerial-metrics.com/

Good luck!

TroyTK
First Name: Troy
Last Name: Kranz

Post by TroyTK »

We have now been using the Pix4d software for over a year and I find it both easy to use and very powerful. It can create a single orthomosaic photo and a point cloud from the overhead photos. I definitely recommend the software.

We previously were using a DJI Phantom 4 but we recently switched to DJI Mavic 2 Pros for the UAS.

Troy

ThomasOacman
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Oacman

Post by ThomasOacman »

jtbalt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:26 am The Lake County, Illinois Major Crash Assistance Team has been using a drone for scene mapping for several years now. Their consultants have been instrumental in the development of this program and instruct the topic and Northwestern Center for Public Safety. Reach out to Stan Taylor or Iain Lopata at their website. https://www.aerial-metrics.com/

Good luck!
I have used this program. It turned out to be very useful